You’re in the market for a new home. You go to Zillow, grab a Homes & Lifestyles magazine, scour Facebook, Craigslist, and any other website you can find with listings and start your search. But, what next? Buying a house is a HUGE step and even though it may not seem like it at first, there’s a lot that goes into and thankfully you do not have to do it alone.
There’s where a Buyer Agent comes in!
A real estate agent has a lengthy list of things they do from the start of a real estate transaction to closing of escrow. Oh, and did I mention that working with a Buyer Agent is FREE to you, the buyer?
Here are just a handful of things that your Buyer Agent will do for you:
1. Help you get a Mortgage: Your agent will assist you in finding the right lender to work with and will counsel you on working effectively with them.
2. Narrow down your search: Your agent will work with your needs & wants and will focus on properties that meet your criteria, including your price range.
3. Draft up a solid offer: Your agent will ensure that your offer is a sound one that protects you and impresses the seller.
4. Negotiate a good price: Experienced realtors know the value of what they are helping their clients buy. As such, they’ll negotiate on your behalf to make sure you never pay more than you have to.
5. Navigate Inspections: If you haven’t ever seen one, a home inspection report can be very overwhelmin